Hi, my lovelies! Big braid hairstyles are all the rage right now because of Elsa, just check out the runways! Did you know, because of Elsa and the Disney’s movie Frozen, any big French braid hairstyles are now called the Elsa braid?
If you want a straight up voluminous French braid style, like what Elsa was wearing in the movie, check out my previous, Frozen Elsa Braid Tutorial here.
For this week’s hair tutorial video, I decided to try another variation of the “Elsa Braid,” one with small braids weaved into a French braid. This glamorous and romantic, braided hairstyle is suitable for every hair length, short, medium, or long hair with hair extensions.
TIME REQUIRED: 45 Minutes
How to French Braid like Frozen Elsa | Big Braid Hairstyles
- Use a dry shampoo.
- If your hair is straight, or almost straight, use a 1″ curling iron to curl your hair to create volume.
- Create 5, 2″ sections with the crown and the sides. (If you’re using hair extensions, create this after you attach the hair extensions)
- After using some hair powder, tease the back.
- Attach hair extensions as you normally would use them, then split your hair into 5, 2″ sections with the front.
- Attach a hair padding for even more volume.
- Spray dry wax .
- French braid the small sections, one by one.
- Take the top 3 braids, and start a big French braid.
- Loosen up the braids to make it voluminous.
Watch the hair tutorial video below for more details.
If the video dosn’t play, watch it on my YouTube channel by clicking – Big Braid Hair Tutorial.
Luxury for Princess hair extensions Get $13 OFF with code | TinaMW