Here is a cute, second day hair idea. Incorporate a side Dutch braid to your half-updo, and then add in some big curls with a curling iron to create a romantic, half-up, half-down hairstyle. This braided updo is just PERFECT as a second day hairstyle. No more boring ponytails for you!
Scroll down to the bottom to watch the cute, half-updo tutorial video.
I hope you guys like “Second Day Hairstyles,” because I’m going to turn this into a series of quick and easy hairstyles for you to try. You can wear today’s long hairstyle for school or work as an everyday look or to a formal occasion like the prom or a wedding.
How To Crossover Braided, Half-Updo
- Part your hair to the side (my part was on “MY” right.
- Grab a 3~4″ section to start a Dutch braid (AKA inside-out French braids).
- To Dutch braid (in case you’re a beginner), incorporate hair from the scalp, to the side strands, before taking both sections, under the middle strand to braid. French or Dutch braiding just means, you add in hair to the out-side strands before doing a normal 3-strand braid. :)
- Dutch braid your hair over your ear, towards the back.
- When you reach the back of your head, add in hair from the opposite ear. ( My part was to “MY” right, and I braided my hair down my left ). I crossed-over a section of hair from my RIGHT side (watch the video), to the “right strand” before taking it UNDER the middle strand to dutch braid. Left section remained a normal Dutch braid.
- Keep your braid to one side of your head to create a side-swept look. (I kept mine to my left)
- Braid your hair to the middle of your ear then tie it with an elastic band.
- Make sure to loosen up the braids to make it voluminous!
- Curl your hair with a large curling iron, I used a 1.5″ barrel.
- Wrap a thin strand of hair around the elastic to give this half-up an elegant look.
- All done!
This hairstyle literately took me 5 minutes to do (minus the hair curling). I hope you give this half-updo a try!
CURLING-IRON USED (33mm)
EVA NYC | GET 65% OFF EVERYTHING! http://shop.eva-nyc.com/
DISCOUNT CODE : Makeupwearables65 (not an affiliate code )
If the video doesn’t play, click – Second Day Hairstyles – to watch it on my YouTube channel.
Did you subscribe to be notified of new hair tutorials??