Inspired by celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Dita Von, Katy Perry, Lana Del Rey, Megan Fox, and Taylor Swift, just to name a few, this pin up hair do is great for all formal occasions like the Prom, Homecoming, and Weddings.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking here - http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=MAKEUPWEARABLES&annotation_id=annotation_212546&feature=iv&src_vid=mQDhzSFD6E4
(Watch this hair tutorial on my YouTube channel)
If you've enjoyed this tutorial, please thumbs up this video. :)
I've applied some soft mousse/gel and a hair protectant on damp hair.
- On dry hair, using a 1/2 inch curling iron (I'm using my usual Cortex 4 in 1 Curling Iron), curl all of your hair downwards or towards the front so that your hair will frame your face naturally.
- Create pin curls on your crown and 4 on each side of your head above your ears. This is what will create that authentic pin up girl (aka pinup) hair.
- Leave the pin curls to cool down for 10 mins.
- Remove the pin curl clips and thoroughly brush it out with a bristle brush. I kid you not when I say that this is a long process, you will need to calm down the crazy curls.
- Applying a bit of a oil serum here will help to loosen up the curls.
- Brush and brush those curls until they look somewhat manageable - which is around 3-5mins.
- Now simple back comb the curls and start shaping and molding the curls into place.
- Part your hair on the side (where your eyebrows arch) and tease.
- Clip one side of your head with a bobby pin, right behind the ear.
- If a curl is being stubborn, simply tease and comb that piece into place.
- Hairspray when you're done
All done! Feel free to use a flower, or any other pretty hair ornaments to make this vintage, retro pin up hair more fancy.
As always thank you for reading! Please subscribe to see more hair tutorials! :)
(¯`'★♫♪•♥ HAIR PRODUCTS USED ♥ •♫♪★'´¯)
- Cortex 4 in 1 Curling Iron
- Sebastian Shaper Plus Hair Spray
- Heat Protectant on WET hair: Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil
- Finish Oil - CHI Enviro Smoothing Serum (hard to find @stores)
(¯`'★♫♪•♥ Makeup USED ♥ •♫♪★'´¯)
Will be listed in my video description box.
Like this formal updo, click below..