Cute, step-by-step,Taylor Swift hair tutorial video for short, medium, or long hair.
In today’s easy hairstyles tutorial, I’ll show you how to make a curly, messy side bun updo on yourself, very similar to Taylor Swift’s hair style that she wore to one of the red carpet, award shows, using a very simple, twist and pull hair technique.
(skip all this text and watch the Taylor Swift hair tutorial at the bottom of this page. )
This chic and elegant, Taylor Swift side bun hairstyle, is perfect for a fancy party or a formal occasion; homecoming, prom, wedding, bridal parties, and etc. However, this doesn’t mean you can only do this hairdo for a party, you can as a matter of fact, wear it as an everyday hairstyles, whether it’s for school or for work.
(¯`’★♫♪•♥ HAIR PRODUCTS USED ♥ •♫♪★’´¯)
Finish Oil – CHI Enviro Smoothing Serum (hard to find @stores)
So here are the written steps, along with pictorial, to the Taylor Swift hair tutorial for her messy, side bun. However, I suggest that you watch the tutorial video at the bottom of this page.
I’ve applied some soft mouse and a heat protectant on my damp hair, then allowed it to dry completely.
Since my Asian hair is pin straight, and I need to create Taylor Swift’s hair texture, I’m going to make the curls with my 1/2 inch, tapered curling iron (that I’m using on all my hair tutorials! ) to curl my hair.
- Take small sections the size of your iron
- Heating the hair only for 5~10secs, depending on how resistant your hair is to heat.
I will then section away the sides so that they don’t get in my way.
- Start teasing the crown to create some volume, making sure not to disturb the ends of the hair. We need to keep them curly, not frizzy.
- After teasing the crown, we’re going to loosely, and messily tie our hair back in a low, side ponytail.
- To create more texture in the ponytail, I’m going to loosen up the ponytail by pulling out some of the hair from the side ponytail.
Now we start making tight curls to pin up into a side bun/chignon, just like Taylor Swift hair style.
- Twirl a piece of a fat curl around your finger very loosely, then hold down a small strand, while pulling up the curl towards the roots with your other hand. (please watch my YoutTube video to see what I mean here, this part is hard to explain.)
- You can create a loose rope braid before pulling the curl up as well.. (rope braid: twisting 2 strands of curls together). This will make the curls bigger and more voluminous.
- You will simply do this to the rest of your ponytail to create Taylor Swift’s curly, messy side bun/chignon.
The sides are done freestyle. Simply pin them back one by one to create the shape you want. 🙂
As always, thank you so much for reading my hair tutorial! Have a terrific day, everyone!!
(please excuse the poor camera quality, this was one of my very earliest tutorial )
Have you watched this super cute, rose-bud braid hair bun tutorial?
(¯`’★♫♪•♥ Makeup USED ♥ •♫♪★’´¯)
Will be listed in my video description box.
Or learn how to do this adorable and super easy Fishtail Braided Ballerina Bun! 🙂