Here is another easy hairstyle tutorial, How to Ombre, Dip Dye hairstyle to create a Sexy, Wavy Beach Hair on med to long hair, using the Ombre extension clip on.
The extensions are FANTASTIC to have around the house because its not damaging to the hair (usually - better than a bleach job, anyway) AND you can take it off whenever you want! Seriously, make or buy them, it's an investment!
These things will give you more body (thickness), and length and can be used in so many different hair looks. And if attached properly, no one can tell that it's fake. I made the Ombre extensions that I'm wearing in my photos and video, I'll link the How-to DIY at the bottom of this page.)
Scroll down to watch my, " How to Ombre Beach Hair" video on Youtube instead, if you prefer. :)
This loose, tousled, messy hairstyle is so effortlessly chic and sexy that you can wear it all year round. The key to this look is to make it look like you did absolutely nothing to your hair, so avoid any hard hold hairsprays, ghetto gels, or curls that look too - Uhm..George Washinton'ish?~
(¯`'★♫♪•♥ YOU WILL NEED ♥ •♫♪★'´¯)
- Soft Hold Hairspray
- Heat Protectant
- Finishing Serum or oil
- Ombre Hair Extensions ( 3 short and 2 wide/long strips)
- 1" Curling Iron
If your hair isn't already curly or wavy, naturally or other wise, you'll need to curl your hair. I used a 1" curling iron. Focus more on the top layers than the bottom.
Attach the first short Ombre Hair Extensions piece at the bottom, lowest part of your nape (below the ears). Please note that you can not wear your hair up if you attach it this low, because it will be noticeable when you put it up. If you plan on wearing it up, just install your extensions higher up. :)
The next Dip Dye Hair strip (wide) will be attached 1/4 inch away from the last extension clip on. You can also just attached it right on top of one. The closer you attach them, the more dramatic the Ombre effect will be..
The last wide extension is right on the top ear mark..
The 2 short Ombre hair extension clip on's will be attached right above each ears on the sides of your head. Do not go past your ears, as in, keep away from the (facial) hair lines.
Now all you will need to do is, curl the top layers only. Just randomly grab a section and curl it from mid shaft to the ends - leaving at least 1/2 inch out of the iron so that your ends will look straight. You'll look like a hot mess, but that's the look we want! lol...
As far as what direction to curl.. everything away from the face ... And if you want it more messy, sexy and tousled, Ombre hair effect, simply curl the hair around the face - AWAY - then alternate the direction after that.
Reverse Teasing. If you want to fluff your curls, which is always a GREAT idea on beachy waves look: Grab a curl, hold it in one hand while with the other, you push the curl upwards. This will create some frizz that looks completely mussed and messy. Perfect!
Hair Spray: Lift the hair up, then drop them slowly while spraying it. Watch my video..This will fluff up your Beachy Waves.
And this is how you can get the movei star's, Sexy Beachy Waves Hairstyle! I hope this hair Tutorial was helpful! Don't forget to Subscribe, see you guys next week for more weekly hair tutorials!!
(¯`'★♫♪•♥ HAIR PRODUCTS USED ♥ •♫♪★'´¯)
- Cortex 4 in 1 Curling Iron
- Sebastian Shaper Plus Hair Spray
- Heat Protectant on WET hair: Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil
- Finish Oil - CHI Enviro Smoothing Serum (hard to find @stores)
- DIY: Extensions: 14 inch - #27 Milky Way - I dip dyed/Ombre it with the Loreal Hair Color in 5N ( 1 hr and 20min Processing time)
(¯`'★♫♪•♥ MAKEUP USED - what I'm wearing in this video: ♥ •♫♪★'´¯)
I must be the only Korean girl on the planet who doesnt use a BB cream. lol
- Foundation: Cinema Secrets Shade# PS302 & dark shade PS202S
- NYX Cream Blush, Orange
- Urban Decay The Black Palette (Outer V - matte black)
- Urban Decay: Roach (crease + bottom lid contour)
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection 738 Comfort Zone
- ( I used W n W - the 2 bottom left brownish shade to diffuse and intensify)
- Eyebrows - Stila Duo Brow shadow in Dark (discontinued!)
- Contour - BenNye DC-01 Contour 1 (pain to find but the best contour shade)
- Lip liner: Too Faced Perfect Nude
- Lipstick: Urban Decay Lovechild
- Face Powder: BenNye Lux Powder in Banana
- Concealer: Korres CRC2
- Eyes: Gel Liner: Stila Smudge Pot
- Tight line and water line: Urban Decay 24/7 Perversion and Underground
- Highlight: Stila Kitten Smudge Pot :
- Lashes: Ardell Demi Wispies
- Circle Lens (color contacts ) Queen Honey
DIY Ombre Hair Color Extensions Clip Tutorial on my Beauty Blog
Get this Fishtail French Braid look by clicking here or the photo above.