Wanna know Frozen Elsa’s secret to her big, messy, and voluminous French braid? One word, magic. Since we don’t have magical powers (or enough hair follicles), today, I’m going to show you how to create Disney’s Frozen, Elsa’s hairstyle with some modern tools.
How To Do Disney’s Frozen Elsa Braid Hairstyle | Hair Tutorial Video
- After applying a heat protectant, curl your hair if it’s straight. I used a 1.5″ curling-wand and pinned them up because I have hard to curl hair.
- Apply hair powder, this will help with teasing because it makes your hair sticky.
- Tease your roots everywhere and make sure to use a hairspray to set it.
- (Optional) Attach hair-extensions and a hair padding or two at the back of your head to create Elsa’s cartoon volume. If you don’t have a hair padding, simply tease your hair a bit more. 🙂
- Gather the back of your crown and make a half-up ponytail. Leave out the front of your hair.
- Start a normal 3-strand braid with the half-up ponytail.
- Then start adding in hair to the side strands to start a French braid. First section, take from the crown, and add it to the right strand, before crossing both strands over the middle strand.
- Take a section of hair from the left side and add it to the left strand, before crossing it over the middle strand. (watch the tutorial video)
- Repeat until all the hair is in a braid.
- After tying the braid with an elastic band, pull out the sides to make the braid bigger.
- Now, grab a small piece of hair at the end with one hand, and pull up the braid with the other hand towards the crown to scrunch it. This will instantly voluminize the braid.
- Tug on the sides to adjust the size and to make the braid even.
Favorite hair extensions:
DISCOUNT CODE: MakeupWearables
If the hair tutorial video doesn’t play, watch it on my YouTube channel by clicking, Elsa Frozen Hairstyle.
And here is the MOST RECENT, Elsa Inspired Braid
Did you subscribe to be notified of more cute hair tutorials?
Here is a prom look for this Elsa braid! ( 🙂