The trending Lob Waves – AKA barely-there waves on a Bob, has become my go-to style. A typical Lob curls consist of a slight wave/bend in the hair with straight ends. When I’m not curling my hair for one of my hair tutorials, you’ll find me running around town with my hair looking like this (but much messier!)… I LOVE this soft look , because I’m a lazy girl who hates to fuss with her hair, and Lob waves looks better dirtier it gets! Here’s how you can get them in 5 minutes!
I recently discovered an amazingly, weightless hair oil from Walmart, Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil, that’s perfect for soft styles like these waves.
The Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil from Suave leaves my hair silky & soft without any greasiness. I absolutely love how it makes my waves bounce & shine as if I didn’t apply any products at all to my hair. Who doesn’t love that clean hair feeling? This stuff is a dry oil formula – the kind that leaves no residues on your hands, so it’s perfect for thin hair, or lazy girls (like me) who can’t be bothered to wash their hair every single day.
Go pick this up next time you’re at Walmart. The price point is beyond ridiculous too…
I always apply my hair oils 3 times; right after I shower on damp hair, right after it dries, and lastly, right after it’s been curled/styled.
How to do the Lob Waves on Medium – Long Hair
- Brush out your hair after applying the Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil, and let it soak in for a minute before using your heat protectant.
- Clip up all the hair above your ears, and divide the rest in half. We’re curling thick sections for these waves.
- Using a 1~1 1/4″ curling iron, curl your hair away from your face. If you have long hair, wrap your hair around the barrel no more than 3 times, and if you have medium hair, then no more than twice. Make sure you’re leaving out 2~3″s of your ends out of the iron, so that they’re not getting curled.
- Heat up each section for about 1o seconds before releasing it from the iron. Then stretch it out straight (image 9) and hold for 5 seconds to relax the waves.
- Repeat these steps with the rest of your hair. Always curl the hair around your face, going away, the rest is optional.
- If your waves (and ends) are too curly, then run your curling or flat iron over them to relax them.
- Apply hair oil to finish the look (or a dry shampoo to texturize it).
- Make sure to lay on your bed as I did to enjoy your beautiful waves this spring when you’re done! ^_^
FTC: sponsored by Lunchbox.